Tropical Storm Isaac left many South Florida residents without power and plenty of water damage. Although not a hurricane, the storm carried out its own fair share of damage from wind, flooding and roof leaks. Many South Floridians are now faced with the daunting task of making a homeowners or renters insurance claim. Don’t get taken advantage of by your insurance company. Panter, Panter & Sampedro can represent you in your claim to ensure that you get the benefits that you are entitled to.
Homeowners insurance agencies have long been criticized for over-priced policies and lowballing or fighting customers on claims. If your property has been damaged from Tropical Storm Isaac or any other storm, your best shot at getting what you’re rightfully owed is to hire an attorney. Policies can be confusing and adjusters aren’t always concerned with what’s in your best interest.
The attorneys at Panter, Panter, & Sampedro, P.A., are experienced in First Party insurance claims. We have handled claims against insurance companies for their failure to properly pay claims in State and Federal Court and are equipped to help you receive the compensation you are entitled to. Whether your claim is related to property damage from storms, theft, fire, or any other incident covered by your homeowners or renters insurance policy, our attorneys are here to help you get what you are rightfully owed.
Tips to help you get the most from your insurance policy:
- Review your policy regularly and make sure you know what’s covered.
- Also be sure to understand required reporting and response times and other requirements after the damage has occurred.
- Take photos and video of your property before the storm and after any damage.
- Secure important documents as well as the photos and videos in waterproof containers.
- Speak with an attorney before speaking with your insurance company.